All Muslim Association of America (AMAA), Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 1989. Its mission is to establish and maintain a cemetery and a funeral home. Its vision is to provide low-cost burial and funeral services to the Muslims living in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland.
Currently, AMAA provides burial service including land. This does not include funeral home charges. However, AMAA’s goal is to eventually establish and maintain a funeral home as well so that the overall cost of burying your loved ones can be affordable.
Cemetery Address: 1112 Brooke Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Mailing Address: AMAA, 4001 Sulgrave Drive, Alexandria, VA 22309
Same Day Burials: If you wish to have a loved one buried the same day of your request, then you must contact us before 10 AM. It is logistically difficult to do so after 10 AM.
Winter Burials: If a winter burial cannot occur due to inclement weather, frozen ground or similar condition, the deceased person may be kept at funeral home until such burial can occur.
As you are aware, the situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic is fluid and official CDC guidance is continually evolving based on new information from scientists and public health officials. In order to protect the public and our workers, the following guidelines have been put in place:
- 20 sedan cars per funeral max will be allowed inside. The number of total people at the funeral should not exceed 100
- We are allowing funeral prayer on the property, however, we strongly suggest that you do it at your local mosque due to space and time restrictions at the cemetery
- Absolutely NO PARKING on the street outside the property
- Police security will be present to enforce rules
In addition, starting Monday, March 23, 2020 no deceased will be buried without a casket until the coronavirus emergency is lifted. We must do this in order to safeguard the safety of our employees.
April 6, 2020 Update:
Due to limited capacity, we are no longer accepting burials from outside of the DC Metropolitan area. Any requests from outside of this area will not be accepted. We apologize for any inconvenience.
New Virginia Regulations (November 16, 2020):
New COVID-19 restrictions began in the Commonwealth of Virginia on Monday, November 16, 2020 after Gov. Ralph Northam announced new statewide rules. AMAA Muslim Cemetery is fully cooperating with the regulations and plans to enforce them on its property.
The restrictions come as COVID-19 coronavirus cases across the country continue to surge, including a rise in Virginia.
The new restrictions include:
- Reduction in public and private social gatherings (indoor and outdoor) from 250 to 25
- The mask mandate will now include ages 5 and up. It was previously ages 10 and up