All Muslim Association of America (AMAA), Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 1989. Its mission is to establish and maintain a cemetery and a funeral home. Its vision is to provide low-cost burial and funeral services to the Muslims living in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland.
Currently, AMAA provides burial service including land. This does not include funeral home charges. However, AMAA’s goal is to eventually establish and maintain a funeral home as well so that the overall cost of burying your loved ones can be affordable.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRAVE DIGGER NEEDED
- Grave digger will be working with other employee and will follow the directions of Operations Mangers and Operation Support Committee
- Work Schedule is 7 hours a day, 6 days a week, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, with 45 minutes lunch break. On burial days, you must remain until job is completed
- Dig graves using backhoes, on as needed basis, there may one burial on one day or there may be multiple burials on some days of the week
- Before digging the grave, mark dimensions of the grave and protect adjacent graves from collapsing
- Make grave ready before dead body arrives in the cemetery
- In case of multiple burials on the same day, coordinate timing of each burial with families by getting help from Operations Manager
- Set up a tent for the families before the arrival of body in the cemetery
- On arrival of dead body in the cemetery, help and advise the family to move body to the grave site
- Put grave liner inside the grave and help the family to move body inside the grave linear.
- After the body is placed inside the grave linear, place cover on grave linear and seal properly
- Move dirt inside the grave gently and protect grave linear
- Comply with the all points listed in employee roster
- Must be 18 years of age and have a clean, valid Driver’s License
- Able to lift 50 lbs unassisted to load and unload various products
- Climb, stoop, kneel, crawl, and stand to perform daily work and ladders climbing as needed
- References to verify prior employment history and good moral values
- Willingness to work with other team members
- Authorized to work in USA
- Willing to learn to operate grave digging equipment
- Self motivated
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is negotiable based on skill level and prior experience
- Paid two weeks vacations
- Paid 5 holidays per year
- Financial assistance with purchase of health insurance. The amount of assistance is negotiable